Sling Media, Foster City, CA Jun'14 - Present
Sr. Staff User Experience & Sr. User Experience Designer
- UX lead for Sling products across web, mobile, desktop and TV platforms.
- Designed and launched next generation Sling player app (iOS & Andriod), which improved overall app rating.
- Responsible for various design and research related initiatives for Sling and DISH Anywhere apps.
- Partnered with product and business management leads and defined optimal user experience for the products.
- Reviewed and assessed the technical product requirements with product managers including user metrics, feature assessment and feasibility.
Western Union Money Transfer, Denver, CO Jun'13 - Dec'13
User Experience Intern
- Created user interface pattern library assets and work flow models for western union money transfer applications.
- Defined workflows and UX specifications for WU travel wallet (iOS app).
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN Aug'12 - May'13
Associate Instructor (Mathematical Foundations of Informatics)
Altisource Business Solutions, Bangalore, India Sep'10 - May'12
- Conceptualized and designed new product features for consumer portal, which deals with marketing of real estate owned properties (hubzu.com).
- Redesigned existing web portal and workflows to onboard new customer profile.
ViVu India Pvt Ltd, Bangalore, India Jan'10 - Aug'10
User Experience Engineer
- Defined usecases and workflows, and generated wireframes and visual mockups for video conferencing tool (ViVu).
- Designed and developed an admin console to keep track of all live video conferencing events and monitor load capacity on servers.
Infosys Technologies Pvt Ltd, Bangalore, India Aug'08 - Dec'09
User Interface Designer
- Collaborated with design teams to generate navigation models, information architecture for various web and mobile applications.
- Designed UI's and conducted usability evaluations for external clients like DHL, TNT, Microsoft, Schlumberger, ABB, Bank of America.
Information Systems, Siegen University, Germany May'08 - Aug'08
Indiana University Bloomington, School of Informatics and Computing
Master of Science in Informatics (May 2014)
specialization in Human Computer Interaction Design
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IIT)
Bachelor of Design (May 2008)
specialization in User Experience Design and Usability
- Winner, Microsoft Imagine Cup UX Challenge 2014
- Finalist, CHI 2013 Design Competiton
- Winner, Microsoft Design Challenge
- Best Overall Entrant, Photography Competition. OIS, Indiana University
Co-authored a paper title "Strive: Student-Athletes Transitioning with Camaraderie and Competition"
CHI 2013, Proceedings of the 2013 ACM annual conference extended abstracts.
Co-authored a paper title "An Expert System based User Assistance for Software Suites"
Conference on Advances in Usability Engineering, Nov'08.
Co-authored a paper title "Website Navigation Systems on the World Wide Web for Indian Cultures"
Indo-Danish Research Symposium, May'06.
User Experience Design
Navigation Modeling and IA
Lo-fi and Hi-fi Prototypes